JOIN OUR TEAM
Ocean Safety Ltd are looking to recruit motivated individuals to join our team, offering an exciting
opportunity to join one of the country’s largest marine safety equipment suppliers.
Ocean Safety Ltd specialises in the worldwide supply, distribution, service and hire of marine and aviation safety
equipment products including liferafts, lifejackets, MOB equipment and electronics. The company has grown rapidly
and today boasts a diverse range of customers including ship and superyacht builders, round the world racing
enthusiasts, cruising yachts as well as the UK MOD.
Ocean Safety Ltd are looking to recruit a Product Designer to join our team based in Southampton, offering an exciting opportunity to join one of the country’s largest marine safety equipment suppliers.
Ocean Safety Ltd specialises in the worldwide supply, distribution, service and hire of marine and aviation safety equipment products including liferafts, lifejackets, MOB equipment and electronics. The company has grown rapidly and today boasts a diverse range of customers including ship and superyacht builders, round the world racing enthusiasts, cruising yachts as well as the UK MOD.
Involved in the design and development of marine safety equipment, the successful candidate will have practical experience developing products from initial inception through to production implementation as well as experience in the principles behind creating 3D shapes and volumes. An in-depth knowledge of the design process is essential, including product prototyping, production design & costing, and manual writing. An understanding of ISO & SOLAS standards would also be an advantage.
• Design and develop innovative product ranges from design brief to first production run.
• Design product to brief and price point
• Produce first off prototypes for initial testing
• Testing and validation of prototype designs
• Produce design documentation for 3rd party approval process.
• Produce technical documents and specifications to support in house and 3rd party manufacture.
• Work with manufacturing facilities to introduce prototypes design into full production.
• Educated to Degree/HNC/HND level in design, product design or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of the design process
• Computer literate – MS office, Outlook and Coral Draw/Adobe Illustrator
• Experience with AutoCAD 2D drawing packages
• Experience with AutoCAD & Autodesk Inventor 3D modelling
• Experience with 3D printing technologies
• Self-motivated with the ability to drive projects to completion.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good Communication skills
• Experience with RF welded, Sewn or bonded structures would be an advantage
• Experience of the marine safety industry or an interest in sailing, water sports or outdoor activities would be an advantage
Application Closing Date: 31/06/2023
Apply by emailing email@example.com
Internal Sales Coordinator
Ocean Safety Ltd are looking to recruit an Internal Sales Coordinator to join our team based in Southampton, offering an exciting opportunity to join one of the country’s largest marine safety equipment suppliers.
Working within the busy Technical Sales Support team in the Southampton office, the individual must become confident across all commercial aspects of the business and be able to manage and coordinate all stages of sales and order processing. Good communication skills are important, both internally and externally.
This role is a diverse and interesting one in a highly successful world renowned marine safety company. It covers a broad spectrum of the maritime safety industry, ranging from small leisure craft to the largest of commercial & military vessels.
• Dealing with sales and technical enquiries from an international customer base. This will usually be by telephone, email or face to face
• Using a central computer system to create and process sales orders in response to customer enquiries
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of products and market segments to help meet customer needs and make recommendations
• Ensure all orders are delivery noted and invoiced correctly
• Use of computers for sales order paperwork and reporting
• Price changes – ensure key accounts are notified and updated
• Provide support for service and hire enquiries
• Provide technical product support when possible; referring to manager when necessary
• Answer price enquiries
• Respond to quote requests same day
• Ensuring accurate information taken through questioning
• Liaise with senior staff on pricing if appropriate
• Action outbound sales calls to existing customer base
• Chase quotes regularly to keep price competitive and win all possible business
• Cover reception area when required
• Attend boat shows when required
• The successful candidate will be required to illustrate a mature approach and be able to work in a fast- paced environment where ‘on time’ product delivery to commercial and leisure customers is vital.
• The successful candidate must fit in to a small, but busy team and must be able to meet deadlines and targets.
• The role will require a good team player, who is able to cover for other members of staff during periods of leave.
Application Closing Date: 31/05/2023Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org