JOIN OUR TEAM
Ocean Safety Ltd are looking to recruit motivated individuals to join our team, offering an exciting opportunity to join one of the country’s largest marine safety equipment suppliers.
Ocean Safety Ltd specialises in the worldwide supply, distribution, service and hire of marine and aviation safety equipment products including liferafts, lifejackets, MOB equipment and electronics. The company has grown rapidly and today boasts a diverse range of customers including ship and superyacht builders, round the world racing enthusiasts, cruising yachts as well as the UK MOD.
South West Area Commercial Sales Executive
- Managing allocated territory and customers on a day to day basis and ensuring effective business development.
- Ensuring budgeted sales targets are met on a monthly basis.
- dentify and manage an accurate sales pipeline to illustrate prospective target sales and markets.
- Build relationship with existing and new customers concentrating on commercial shipping sector
- Identifying and appointing distributors and service centres.
- In conjunction with the Ocean Safety Sales Director agree the footprint for market development and expansion, particularly in newly identified markets to the business.
- Extending the company’s sales proposition through exhibitions, training and sales meetings and conferences.
- Assemble key market data including pricing and opportunity.
- Providing sound input to product development initiatives in conjunction with our technical team.
- Solving Technical propositions and supporting our customer base.
Internal Sales Coordinator
- Dealing with sales and technical enquiries from an international customer base. This will usually be by telephone, email or face to face
- Using a central computer system to create and process sales orders in response to customer enquiries
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of products and market segments to help meet customer needs and make recommendations
- Ensure all orders are delivery noted and invoiced correctly
- Use of computers for sales order paperwork and reporting
- Price changes – ensure key accounts are notified and updated
- Provide support for service and hire enquiries
- Provide technical product support when possible; referring to manager when necessary
- Answer price enquiries
- Respond to quote requests same day
- Ensuring accurate information taken through questioning
- Liaise with senior staff on pricing if appropriate
- Action outbound sales calls to existing customer base
- Chase quotes regularly to keep price competitive and win all possible business
- Cover reception area when required
- Attend boat shows when required
- The successful candidate will be required to illustrate a mature approach and be able to work in a fast- paced environment where ‘on time’ product delivery to commercial and leisure customers is vital.
- The successful candidate must fit in to a small, but busy team and must be able to meet deadlines and targets.
- The role will require a good team player, who is able to cover for other members of staff during periods of leave.